Monday, July 16, 2007

Camp, Sweet Camp

Today was the first day of the kids' 3- week summer camp. My daughter goes 4 mornings a week, my son will go 2, starting tomorrow. I'm virtually giddy at the prospect of a few hours sans kids. I love them dearly and truly feel blessed to be able to stay at home with them but, damn, they can wear you out.

Even better, this camp ROCKS. My neighbor discovered it and we both signed up, even though the building is a bit shabby and we had no idea what it might be like. But they're doing great stuff. The theme for this session is "Walk Like an Egyptian," and they'll be learning about ancient Egypt, building 3-d pyramids, making mummies, etc. So much more interesting than the typical preschool summer camp fare. Yay!

I plan to fill my free time with such exciting things as venturing into my old workplace to close a credit union account that I was recently informed will be turned over to the DC government if I don't make some sort of transaction by mid-August. Um, hello?? It's not much money, but it's MY money, thankyouverymuch. Mommy needs a new pair of shoes!

Then, I just might come home and take a 2 hour nap. OK, I say that all the time and never really do it, what with the piles of laundry, dishes, unpaid bills, etc. vying for my attention. But it IS summer vacation after all...

No comments: