Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random Thoughts...

Cognitive Dissonance-- What is it about me that causes me to spend absurd amounts of extra money on organic milk, and then take my kids to McDonalds for lunch?

I'm ready to jump already, Starbucks! -- Just got around to downloading all my "free" (can anything be considered free when I've spent $4 on a cup of joe?) iTunes from Starbucks. So far, the assortment I've received has been dark, dark, dark and depressing. Haven't been paying all that much attention to the lyrics, but how can a song called "Happy being me" sound so blue?

PROJECT RUNWAY!!! -- Yahoo! My favorite guilty pleasures returns, finally! Can't wait for the snarkiness, the divas, the over-the-top product placement, the fabulous Tim Gunn (ever so much better in this role than in his makeover show), and the barely-literate but oh so lovable Heidi Klum.

Strategery -- Attended a "strategies for helping your child read" session with Abby at her school last night. (Jake came too, and was most entertained by a teacher dressed up as a kangaroo. I cannot for the life of me figure out the whole kangaroo thing, but that's a whole other topic.) At one station, teachers told us about the importance of using NON-verbal communication to convey support and encouragement. We were then given a book to read with our child. Abby struggled with a tough word, but ultimately figured it out on her own. I gave her a hug AND said, "great job!" to which she replied, "Um, mommy, do you want to try using some of the strategies now?" Ahem.

No comments: