So, the Mommy has been on hiatus for a while now. I find myself with a serious case of blogger's block. All day long, I write pithy, amusing anecdotes in my head. But when I go to put finger to keyboard..... a big, fat, nothin'. I'm hoping that will all the tv writers on strike, there's lots more inspiration floating around in the atmosphere, and perhaps that will loosen things up.
Part of the problem is that I continue to struggle with the age old questions of "Who am I? Why am I here?" (thank you, Admiral Stockdale) I seem to have lost all sight of the answers, if I ever even knew them. It's hard to write when you can't quite figure out what you're writing about, or why.
One thing I'm sure of is that, while my life is by all measures a good one, I'm not feeling that way these days. A very short temper, general weepiness, and poor sleep tell me that The Big D (depression) is coming to visit again, and perhaps has snuck in the back door already. I knew I should have double-checked the locks.
And so I am getting ready to begin a new adventure: therapy. It seems everybody is doing it (heck, there was even an article in Men's Health about it), and I'm hopeful that it might help. I'll keep you posted.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment