Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She's Baaaaack

I've been informed a time or two now that in order to truly have a blog, you have to, ahem, write in it. I get it. It's time to give this another whirl.

Ironically, I'm tackling this now because I am completely overwhelmed by my things-to-do list, and thus am seeking every possible means of procrastination. I joined Facebook. I uploaded a picture to Facebook. I checked on my checking account. I called the pediatrician's office to dispute a $5 charge.

This time is precious. My kids are in "camp" for exactly 2 weeks this summer, and these are the final days. My final 8 or so hours. I should be GETTING THINGS DONE.

And yet I can't focus. For once, I honestly don't have a to-do list, because I don't even know where to begin. Should I be working on house projects (finishing up the painting that's been dragging on for a month now? Beating back the weeds that have taken over my gardens? Something simple like laundry, since we're fast running out of clean underwear?) or the church-related projects (I now chair the Board of Personnel, and we have a huge, unexpected vacancy to fill; I'm also teaching K-1 Sunday school this week and should probably, you know, read the materials) or the kid projects (Yes, I know that shirt was in your drawer, but you haven't been that size in 6 months...) or the small matters of personal upkeep (roots, eyebrows, toenails all beg for attention; I haven't officially exercised in months). So many choices!

Instead, I find myself sitting here, stringing random thoughts together for a random audience. But, hey, let's stick it on the to-do list -- now I can cross it off and call it an achievement. Many this will be the drop of water that breaks the dam to my productivity...

Or not.

1 comment:

cltirish said...

Yippie!

You can also cross off making cupcakes, a delish dinner and buying me a coffeemaker. :)